Tomorrows EMS Providers
This course will prepare students to provide emergency medical care to the sick and injured.
Kitsap County EMS & Trauma Council offers over 220 hours of instructions with a program consisting of M, W, F lectures and a Saturday Lab training program. The course content will be delivered through reading assignments, classroom lectures, handouts, workbooks, and practical exercises. This prepares the student to take and pass the National Registry of EMT’s registration exam. Upon successful completion of the National Registry exam, a student once affiliated with a licensed EMS agency can achieve a Washington State certification.
This is a very difficult course of study! You will have extensive reading and exams outside of the scheduled lecture times. The student should expect to spend a minimum of 3 to 4 hours of study time each day outside of the classroom.
Students will be expected to perform a field rotation with a medic unit within Kitsap County and a clinical rotation at St.Michael’s Hospital.
There are times throughout the class when the student will need to dedicate their personal time to the training program at the expense of their personal social life.
By signing the application you are accepting the requirement to attend all classes on the schedule, devoting the time required for the field and clinical rotation, and spending the time needed to study and practice for a successful outcome.
Course dates and times:
- Mon, Wed and Friday 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. by ZOOM
- Saturdays. 09:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. LIVE SKILL STATIONS
- One – 8 hour Ride along with rotation with an EMS agency
- One – 8-hour Hospital observation rotation
Location: Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue
Station 41 – 7600 Old Military Rd. NE, Bremerton, WA 98311
Course tuition includes the required textbook, online workbooks, t-shirt, and lab fees.
TOTAL Course cost: $1400
- Timeline of application and payment:
- August 1st: The application deadline is closed.
- August 2nd: All approved applications will receive an invoice via email by Kitsap County EMS.
- August 9th: $ 400 non-refundable fee is due.
- August 12th: All students who have not paid their $400 deposit are removed from class next applicant will be moved into their spot.
- August 30th: (One week prior to class) The remaining $1000 tuition must be paid in full. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- August 31st: All students who have not paid their remaining tuition are removed from class next applicant will be moved into their spot. They do not receive their $400 deposit back.
- Applications are taken up to August 1st, or until the course is full, whichever is first.
- Students will be notified of acceptance on August 1st. Acceptions will be ranked by the date received and completed.