Kitsap Fall 2021 EMT CLASS
We are now accepting applications
See application link at the bottom of this page
September 6, 2021 Class Ends: December 11,2021
Course days and times: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
and Saturday Full day. Time dependent upon COVID restrictions
Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue
Station 41 – 7600 Old Military Rd. NE, Bremerton, WA 98311
This course will prepare students to provide emergency medical care to the sick and injured. The course content will be delivered through reading assignments, classroom lecture, handouts, workbooks, and practical exercises. Students are required to perform a hospital rotation and field rotations on an ambulance. This prepares the student to take and pass the National Registry of EMT’s registration exam. Successful completion of the National Registry exam is required for Washington State certification.
This is a very difficult course of study! The student should expect to spend a minimum of 3 to 4 hours of study time each day outside of the classroom. Students, who have not had higher than average academic
success in the past, will find this course very difficult.
Student Prerequisites: must be attached to application for the application to be complete and considered for the course.
1. Must be 18 years old and have a High School Diploma or GED
2. Proof of a Health Care Provider CPR Card.
3. Show proof of reading comprehension by one of the following ways:
*An associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university OR
*Completion of English 101 or equivalent from an accredited post-secondary institution (High School AP courses will not be considered adequate for this requirement.)
*Proof of English 101 can be
provided by unofficial college transcript. OR
An Accuplacer test score qualifying the student for English 101. An Accuplacer test be done at:
All students who participate in the Emergency Medical Technician – Basic course in Kitsap County must show
proof of the following immunizations:
MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccination or titer proof of immunity.
TB testing within the last year.
Tetanus vaccination within the past 10 years
Hepatitis B vaccination
Varicella vaccination or titer proof of immunity
Current seasonal flu shot. (When it is available)
A COVID vaccine is not required, however, have you had a COIVD vaccine? If not at this time, will you be getting your vaccine when your phase is available?
Each student needs to have access to a computer with a reliable internet connection. This is necessary to take
the required quizzes and tests. Access to a printer is also necessary.
Criminal Background Check:
All students must pass a Washington State Patrol criminal background check prior to beginning any clinical or
field rotation. Forms for the criminal background check must be completed with application to be complete.
These criminal background checks are performed by the Kitsap County EMS and Trauma Care Council.
Course Tuition: Course tuition includes the required textbook, on-line workbooks, and National Registry Test prep program.
Course cost: $1400
Course cost for KCEMS&TCC: $1300 with mulit-state background check included with student.
Timeline of application and payment:
• June 15th : KCEMS Applicants preferred entrance deadline is closed.
• June 20th: All approved applications will receive an invoice for the full amount along with background check application via email by Kitsap County EMS.
• June 25th: $ 400 non-refundable fee and background application is due.
• June 26th: All students who have not paid their $400 deposit are removed from class next applicant will be moved into their spot.
• September 6th: (First day of class) The remaining $1000 tuition must be paid in full before the first day of class! NO EXCEPTIONS!
• September 7th: All students who have not paid their remaining tuition are removed from class next
applicant will be moved into their spot. They do not receive their $400 deposit back.
Payment should be by: Credit Card, Check, Money Order or Organization Purchase Order.
Cancellation / Withdrawal Policy:
• Students who cancel or withdraws before the course begins, will receive a refund minus all fees/supplies ($400).
• Students who withdraw during the first week of class, will receive 50% of the course tuition.
• No refunds will be given after the first week of class
• Applications are taken up to August 1, 2021 or until the course is full.
• Priority placement is given to students affiliated with KCEMS&TCC stakeholder organizations then NW Region EMS agencies up to June 15th, 2021.
Application DEADLINE: August 1st
Further information contact: Tamarah Hoffman, EMS Training Coordinator