While in Class
This course is for both initial ESE evaluators and current ESE evaluators who need to complete their refresher course, prior to recertification.
While in class, students will need to provide their own working lunch and snacks.
Requirements– Students must meet the course requirements to apply. Please look closely for the requirements based on whether you are taking this course as an initial or a refresher course.
Class Enrollment– This class must 9 students enrolled at the time of the deadline to commence.
Cost – $60 will be billed to the student’s department at the time of the deadline. The fee for the course is nonrefundable.
Fall Course Dates
September 21st class will commence if we have a minimum number of 9 students.
Please look under the initial or refresher course tab to see the specific requirements
The Refresher course is a half-day course. It contains the afternoon skills evaluations.
The initial course is a full-day course. It contains the morning teaching portion and the afternoon skills evaluations.
The initial course is for:
- All new ESE evaluators.
- Previous Evaluators whose current ESE credential is expired.
- Current Evaluators who do not wish to take the online DOH Refresher curricula and survey.
The refresher course is a half-day course. It contains the afternoon skills evaluations.
In order to participate in the refresher course you must:
- Be Current Evaluators who turned takes the online DOH Refresher curricula and survey.
- Turn in the ESE evaluator survey results with your ESE application.
Your ESE evaluator credential is tied to your recertification date. In order to maintain your credential, you must take a refresher every recertification cycle.
If you are an BLS Evaluator needed to recertify, you MUST have completed the online DOH Refresher course if you want to do this as a refresher course. If you don’t wish to do the test, you may do this course as an initial course.
- Review the ESE curricula at https://www.doh.wa.gov/ForPublicHealthandHealthcareProviders/EmergencyMedicalServicesEMSSystems/EMSProviderEducation/EMSEvaluatorInformation
- Request the ESE PowerPoint from DOH at [email protected]; and
- Take the ESE online cognitive evaluator survey located on the DOH website at https://fortress.wa.gov/doh/opinio/s?s=EMSevaluator
DUE: All fees are nonrefundable whether or not the student attended the class. The department will be billed $ 60 at the time of the deadline.