Tomorrows EMS Providers
This course will prepare students to provide emergency medical care to the sick and injured.
Kitsap County EMS & Trauma Council offers over 40 hours of instruction with a training program consisting of self-paced online lectures along with a Friday Lab. The course content will be delivered through reading assignments, online lectures, and practical exercises. This prepares the student to take and pass the National Registry of EMT’s registration exam. Upon successful completion of the National Registry exam, a student once affiliated with a licensed EMS agency can achieve a Washington State certification.
This is a very difficult course of study! You will have extensive reading and exams outside of the scheduled lecture times. The student should expect to spend a minimum of 3 to 4 hours of study time each day outside of the classroom.
Students will be expected to perform a field rotation with a medic unit within Kitsap County.
There are times throughout the class when the student will need to dedicate their personal time to the training program at the expense of their personal social life.
By signing the application you are accepting the requirement to attend all classes on the schedule, devote the time required for the field rotation, and spend the time needed to study and practice for a successful outcome.
Course dates and times:
- Monday – Thursday: Self-paced lectures and tests, through JB learning and Vector Solutions
- Friday: . 09:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. LIVE SKILL STATIONS
- One – 10 hour Ride along with rotation with an EMS agency
2502 Cherry Place, Bremerton, WA 98310
Course tuition includes the required textbook, online workbooks, t-shirt, and lab fees.
TOTAL Course cost: $650
- Applications are taken up to October 20th, or until the course is full, whichever is first.
- Students will be notified of acceptance on October 20th. Acceptions will be ranked by the date received and completed.