Please tell us your t-shirt size. They are uni-sex, short sleeve. The first T-shirt are included in your tuition. They are to be worn during your Saturday lab, and during field rotations.
The Workforce Board (the state agency that regulates this school) requires that we ask you for this information, by law (RCW 28C.10.050). Providing your social security number is voluntary. By law, the information you provide on this form cannot be given out by any state agency as public information. The Workforce Board will not disclose data to anyone except authorized Workforce Board employees or contractors working on specific research activities, who follow strict confidentiality procedures. This format follows the information required to be submitted by the school as part of the annual student data report.
Race, Gender, and Veteran portion of the application is not mandatory to fill out to be accepted, however is appreciated.
Please supply either your HS diploma/GED and an Accuplacer result into ENG 101, or copy of your college transcript showing ENG 101, or final degree diploma.
All students who participate in the Emergency Medical Technician – Basic course in Kitsap County must be at least 18 years of age at the time of class graduation.
Please provide your driver's license or state identification card.
Part 1 of the BLS Provider CPR card. Purchase the following course https://shopcpr.heart.org/heartcode-bls and then provide the completion certificate with your application.
The second hands-on portion will be done in class.
All students who participate in the Emergency Medical Technician – Basic course in Kitsap County must show proof of the following immunizations:
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccination or titer proof of immunity.
- TB testing within the last year.
- Tetanus vaccination within the past 10 years.
- Hepatitis B vaccination.
- Varicella vaccination or titer proof of immunity.
- Current seasonal flu shot. (When it is available).
- COVID Card
At minimum your initial application should include your COVID card. Once you submit your application, the office will work with the student to turn in the rest of their vaccinations. The student may be eligible to receive a seat number once the application is complete and all the vaccine documentation is turned in.
All students must pass a multi-state criminal background check before beginning any clinical or field rotation. Forms for the criminal background check must be completed with the application to be complete. The Kitsap County EMS and Trauma Care Council or your affiliated agency will perform these criminal background checks. Please complete the background check packet and turn it in with your application.
Course tuition includes the following:
• Hardback and electronic textbook
• Online learning platform
• T-shirt and stethoscope
• CPR Card Part 2
• National Registry Test Voucher
Course cost: $1700
Course cost for KCEMS affiliated members: $1600 with multi-state background check included with student.
Timeline of application and payment:
- December 1st: The application deadline is closed if the class is closed or at the latest December 1st
- December 9th: Books and supplies are handed out to students who have paid.
- Contract and bills will be sent out upon acceptance.
- Bills will be due upon the date of the application deadline.
- Students who have not paid their bills and sent in their contracts may not pick up their supplies on December 9th.
Payment should be by: Credit Card, Check, Money Order or Organization Purchase Order.
• Once supplies have been handed out up to the first week. One week or up to 10%, whichever is less School keeps 10%• More than one week or 10% whichever is less but less than 25 % School keeps 25%
• 25% but less than 50% School keeps 50%
• More than 50% School keeps 100%