Passing an EMT course is only one step toward becoming a Washington EMT. All Washington EMT, must pass the NREMT, and have active affiliation with an EMS provider agency.
By taking the KCEMS EMT course we will prepare you to take your National Registry Exam. Once you set up your NREMT account. Your instructor will verify your succussful completion.
NATIONAL REGISTRY EXAM
- Approximately 2 weeks prior to finishing the EMT course you will need to go in and set up an account and register with the NREMT in order to test.
- Go online to www.nremt.org and click on “Apply to be Nationally Certified.” Click on “Print Written Instructions.” Follow the instructions listed.
- Track your progress online at www.nremt.org until your application is complete and everything has been verified it will then direct to a link to print your ATT letter.
- Once you receive your Authorization To Test (ATT) letter you need to then set up an account with Pearson VUE and can schedule an exam date either by phone or online at www.vue.com/nremt.
- To take your exam at the Pearson VUE testing center or now online at home.
- You will be informed within 2 business days of your test results. If you need to retake the exam there is a 15 day waiting period. You will need to apply for an ATT letter again from www.nremt.org, however click on “express application” this time. You will be required to pay the application fee again.
- Once you pass the NREMT exam you are nationally certified. In order to become
- Washington state-certified, you need to be affiliated with an EMS agency.
- All Washington State EMS providers must be affiliated with a licensed EMS agency or fire department.
- KCEMS Training program does not offer placement assistance.
- Students should contact individual Fire and ambulance agencies.
- Upon affiliation, each department has its own onboarding process to have your initial certification.
- You must apply to the Washington State Department of Health.